Working together to get the job done!
105 E. Bridgewater Ct., Boise, ID 83706 is a beautiful home where I helped the investor on the renovations….
I listed it in September …. Nothing happened….. After Thanksgiving we reduce the price…. Nothing happened….. I was becoming nervous…. When my other listing at 722 Pearl St., Boise, Idaho 83705 went pending I took more action…. My buyer was settled and I started spending my Sunday afternoons at the home…. I had good traffic…. But still no offers….. Worse yet my fellow agents didn’t seem to notice my price change…. Gulp….$10,000 off and no change in showings….
My seller and I had a long discussion….I told him even though the comps are there we need to lower the price… I didn’t want to lower the price a lot before the New Year….So this is what we did….
On Friday we reduced the price by $1000… At the same time I had him sign for a $25 price reduction every 3 days until the New Year…In our MLS 3 days is critical because that seems to be how long the change appears on the status change button…. I had 4 showings in 24 hours…. I also had a low ball offer… Something that we can work with but not accept…..I am delighted for the offer….On Sunday morning I find out my seller didn’t receive my email….Something went wrong with his email and he felt it was too late to call….We already had a 7 AM telephone appointment. I emailed it to another address….This was a busy but good day for my seller….He had another early appointment and his Mom’s 94 th birthday party…. This sounded like it could get tight for our 2 PM deadline to respond to the offer… I emailed the other agent to give him a heads up… He emailed back, thanks…
By 10 AM I decided to go to my office… I hadn’t heard from the client after the early morning phone call… He is real estate savvy and knows that time is of the essence…. The party starts at 11 AM my time and I am sitting in the open house from 1-4 PM…. We spend time preparing the counter offer… Idaho does their counter offers differently then New York so I had to teach a bit…. We don’t rush but it is already past time for Mom’s birthday party…. He does not email scan so I am sitting by the fax machine at the office… After 10 minutes it spits out 3 of 8 pages…. At least the counter offer is on top!…. He tries again… No dice…I don’t know whether it is his machine or mine…. I really have stopped faxing…. I love email scan…. He is in the car 1 hour late to the party….
I email the other other agent what I have and explain about the fax problems….I tell him that my client has signed all the documents…. I have the counter but not the completely signed contract because of the fax problems…I let him know that I gave the client his fax number (in case it was my machine)… He emails back that he needs a phone call from my client so that he can turn on his fax…He has also forwarded the contract to his buyer…. I call my seller and leave a message… I get a call that I can’t take from my seller….At 4 PM I get a copy of the signed contract from the other agent…. Not how we usually do things…. 2 hours past the deadline…. But done….
Now my seller and I wait on the buyer… We hope they take the counter offer…. Of course they may counter….or worse let the contract go… We are $7000 apart… We will see… Another day in the life of Debbie Holmes, Real Estate agent Extraordinaire!
(208)761-2551 Email: email@example.com