Well between the time lost by my dad’s stroke and the fact that he leaves for Israel to start a scientific study in Israel I decided to help him. I at least understand the scientific and computer jargon that it is needed. I think I might have saved a lot of embaressment by mapping the actual labortory studies to the US Jargon….. It is nice that this 50 year old brain still can do a bit of science…. So instead of contracts and listings my microbiology text and medical dictionary sits by my side….
I am embarressed to say that I have spent years avoiding being part of the work (this is a pet project with a chance for success but no money unless he suceeds and can sell it)… Until I prospect things will be quiet. I do not know if I would be usefull traveling with him. The deadline for the start of the study is fast approaching and there seems a lot to do on the programming side…Dad and his wife leave on Tuesday… I am very worried that at the moment he is not up to this. He is only 8 days from the stroke and he tires easily. I had to argue with him about the bug mapping and it was only my persistance that won the day. Usually when I argue with dad I lose. SOmeone without any medical or scientific training would have given way.
So I need to contact my hot leads and see what they want… I have a 10 AM appointment (no sale there with a former client) and then Calcudos takes my time until Tuesday. I think if I go, I want to leave after the first of the month. I might be able to accomplish more remotely then I can with the rigors of travel. So things will probalby be quiet on the blogging front.