Well between the time lost by my dad’s stroke and the fact that he leaves for Israel to start a scientific study in Israel I decided to help him. I at least understand the scientific and computer jargon that it is needed. I think I might have saved a lot of embaressment by mapping the actual labortory studies to the US Jargon….. It is nice that this 50 year old brain still can do a bit of science…. So instead of contracts and listings my microbiology text and medical dictionary sits by my side….
I am embarressed to say that I have spent years avoiding being part of the work (this is a pet project with a chance for success but no money unless he suceeds and can sell it)… Until I prospect things will be quiet. I do not know if I would be usefull traveling with him. The deadline for the start of the study is fast approaching and there seems a lot to do on the programming side…Dad and his wife leave on Tuesday… I am very worried that at the moment he is not up to this. He is only 8 days from the stroke and he tires easily. I had to argue with him about the bug mapping and it was only my persistance that won the day. Usually when I argue with dad I lose. SOmeone without any medical or scientific training would have given way.
So I need to contact my hot leads and see what they want… I have a 10 AM appointment (no sale there with a former client) and then Calcudos takes my time until Tuesday. I think if I go, I want to leave after the first of the month. I might be able to accomplish more remotely then I can with the rigors of travel. So things will probalby be quiet on the blogging front.
Posted in Personal, reserch project
Tagged calcudos, hot leads, listings, microbiology, project, real estate, scientific study, stroke, travel, us
Today the offer was rejected. The clients were onto the next one with a low offer. I think I must be frustrated with them….When they told me the price I smiled and said “lets write the 9th offer that will be rejected”. Maybe I am wrong but I don’t think it will be accepted. People don’t usually go $10K lower in the first few days of a listing…. We gave them until Saturday. They still don’t understand that rushing the last clients during Thanksgiving weekend wasn’t wise. I told them that they probably could get their price in a week or so….Just not today… The whole time I wrote the offer I talked about the real virtues of the other home and counseled waiting a week and resubmitting the offer. Well by 1:30 PM the frustration was over…The offer was signed and delivered.
I also made small price reductions on my listings to put them forward for anyone searching the mls after the turkey.
Next to get my kid from the College of Idaho…I got stuck in traffic (very unusual in Boise) and went to Caldwell. While in Caldwell I had a telephone call thanking me for my article (letter to the editor) that was published. Yeah! That was convenient. I could pick up a print copy while in Canyon County. Then I went to check on a rental of mine. The windows were so clean that they shined! I went up and peeked in and the floors looked gorgeous (I traded a deposit for floor refinishing) and the walls had a beautiful neutral color on them. I was so happy that I found my business partner (who works part time in the local hardware store) to tell him. I showed him my letter to the editor. Turned out his co-workers had read it earlier and liked it. I was feeling pretty good as I took my son (who seemed to be ill) home.
We got home and cleaned a little then went to get my middle son from the airport. It is so good to see him for Thanksgiving! We went home and I made a cheese fondue and we ate one of the two pumkin pies….It seems that I forgot to put the sugar in the pie…oops….Well we sprinkled sugar on the pie like it was cereal. My Dad and Step-mom showed up after dinner and we had a nice conversation. Then I skyped (video called) my oldest son and girlfriend in China. It was almost like they were here. The family felt complete. Even the dog contributed.
Now my turkey is having its bath in water to defrost… And the guys are watching Star Wars and I am blogging.
The day started out tense but it is turned nice as I was able to turn inward towards my family.
Tomorrow I hope to have a real estate free day….I really like Thanksgiving…
Gold Key Real Estate
(208)761-2551 Email: email@example.com
To search Boise Homes visit my website
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged airport, caldwell, china, college of idaho, family, listings, low ball, offer, price change, rejected, Thanksgiving, turkey